Thursday, January 29, 2009

america's favorite pastime

1-29-09

okay, so last wednesday i was driving to work and rocking out in my truck. i changed my cd changer a few days earlier and put in my favorite uplifting, melodic, hardcore, punk discs in the thing. well, not my favorite discs, but my favorite bands: strung out, staring back, set your goals, thrice, a wilhelm scream and WHIPPERSNAPPER. okay, i love whippersnapper, but sometimes i forget how much. and i always forget how much i love their first album, "america's favorite pastime". so, that's what i was listening to when i drove up azusa ave. and pulled into work. i was singing my ass off and for those of you who don't know the whipp, they are extremely positive and melodic and the music just makes me feel extremely good and confident. so, i went into work feeling really good about my state in life. that night, they offered me long beach and it has been hell ever since.

this week has been a rollercoaster, both mentally and physically. i've been my usual walking contradiction self. i've never felt better about myself, proud and confident, but at the same time i'm dreading every minute as i'm the one who hates change.

my store is the most beautiful nightmare ever. that's my best way of describing it and i might get around to talking about my store and my life there, but not right now. my life is in upheaval because of this. long beach is an hour drive from my house without traffic. i've been staying at dan's whenever possible, as that's only a half hour away. i've had no time to do anything. it's ridiculous. i only have two pairs of pants and i hate going to buy clothes! my schedule is all messed up, even though i'm taking super bowl sunday off! woohoo! i have so much to do today and here i am blogging! eesh!..

today is my first day off in a week. in about three hours, i'm off to see the kings play the hawks with most of my good friends. i played cod last night until six a.m. this moring. that was nuts! me and cobra even played number four for about four hours. can you believe my nerdy self?

so, i'm staying at dan's about four or five nights a week for a while. it's kind of like moving out on my own for the first time, but not really. i'm treating dan's more like an extended stay hotel. i'm not moving anything in there, just stuff for living. i'll mostly be sleeping there. then i'll be coming home on my off days. this is a whole other different feeling for me. i still can't afford to move out or buy a place of my own. maybe someday, i'll get there. maybe someday....hmmm...good name for a song.

oh, and christ! the show i'm booking is off the hook! twice defeated is playing with hit the switch, pour habit, and trial by fury! hts and ph are huge here in socal. hit the switch is from chino too, but they're on nitro records. i can't wait for this show. it's going to make me feel soooooo good.

on a last note. i sometimes forget how good the suicide machines are, and i think i should listen to their cd's more often. and so should you. okay, enough wasting time and typing skills.

2 comments:

  1. i forgot to mention, that i think america's favorite pastime is work. i had some sort of big treaty on the topic, but it seems silly to do that in a comment to my own blog. haha, and no one can read this at my homepage, because the comments don't feed there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so expensive moving out! My daughter is 20 and still at home, but apartments average about $900 a month.

    ReplyDelete