Saturday, May 9, 2009

oh yeah, mother's day!

the traditional feelings and happenings that go on with mother's day are such an afterthought to me. and it's a shame because i love my mom. she's great and we're great together. but it's not really about her for me, because mother's day is our biggest business day of the year. i'm an exceptionally successful and responsible businessman and restaurant proprietor and on mother's day, that's where my focus has to be. and that's how i got where i am. don't doubt, i still call mom when i get off work and we talk for awhile but i don't think i've ever done anything special for my mom on that day, ever since i became an adult. the great thing is she understands that. i just wonder if she ever gets disappointed by it. maybe i should just call her more throughout the year? i'm terrible at that too. we'll see, everything else in my life has been changeing, maybe that will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment